Sunday 30 December 2007

My friend, the Katusa. . .


KATUSA, Korean Attachment To the US Army. A Katusa is a Korean soldier who works along side the US Soldiers. They are educated and inteligent, the hand picked 'cream of the crop' of Korean Army recruits. They go through 5 weeksof basic training then are assigned a job, which I loosley understand to be based on test scores. Their job training is all on the job training.
Working along side Katusas is fun. We learn alot from eachother. They teach me alot of Korean words and food, and I introduce them to all sorts of important aspects of America such as Johnny Cash, American slang and the cultural significance of Febuary 2nd. Sometimes we have interesting conversations, sometimes I don't understand our conversations, But most the time I enjoy working along side the katusas. They're hard working and know computers better than any Geek Squad employee I'd ever seen at work.

1 comment:

fang said...

that's good you have new friend there.and i am sure you will have more good friends iat following days